Insurance isn’t just about claims, underwriting and sales―it’s also about people. That’s why it’s important to get involved. Increase your leadership, collaboration and networking opportunities by actively participating in your chapter or an interest group or by volunteering your time at a CPCU Society event. Volunteer and reap the personal and professional rewards that come when you actively engage!
When you volunteer, you give part of yourself – your time, energy, skills and feelings. As a CPCU leader, chairperson, or committee member you can expect to receive:
- Satisfaction in knowing that your contribution makes a difference
- Personal and professional development by learning and practicing skill sets which may not be used in your current position
- Opportunities that may better prepare you for the future
- Acknowledgement for your responsibility
- Appreciation for your involvement
- The support you need to succeed